Halfway between Lake Faak and Villach is Mary Gail. The village of around 400 inhabitants, is situated at the confluence of the Gail, the largest tributary of the Drava.The place is known for its 1090 first mentioned sanctuary. "At Our Lady of the Gail" which is her late Gothic altar as one of the best in the country
In Maria Gail is a large stud farm, which has a good reputation even beyond the region as a riding center.
St. Nicholas in turn evolved from a ferry base, from where it passes through a valley called "Turkey" to Faak.